Latest threads in Ford Explorer Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

where 2 buy drivetrain warranty on used Ford?
I just bought a USED 2001 e350 passenger van with 133k miles. As an insurance policy, I'm looking into a drivetrain (powertrain) warranty. The local Ford dealer said only vehicles bought through the...
1
1

Various 98 Explorer electrical faults, please help
Hi, Just picked up a 1998 Explorer SOHV 4.0, with the following faults can anyone advise as to the possible causes. Front door power lock not opperational. Cruise Control on switch not opperational...

99 explorer cruise control trouble
does somebody know the self -test diagnostics for the cruise control on a 99 explorer

1994 Explorer Stuck in 4X4
Hi All, I started having trouble with the ol' girl initially with the speedometer flickering and the cruise control responding to this flickering and hunting to try and maintain proper speed. Just a...
5
5

front washer relay
could someone tell me where the front washer relay is located on my 1999 Ford Explorer....i dont just mean that is under the hood...i need to know which one of them it is
2
2

Fast idle problem
Hello, I have '96 4.0 Explorer Sport 5 speed with a fast idle (1,500 - 2,500) condition that goes away after you drive the vehicle until it's warm then shut if off and start it back up. Anyone know...
3
3

1998 Explorer Front RH Door Lock Problem
Hi, I'm about to pick up a 1998 Explorer North Face 5 door, and know that the front right door does not unlock from the remote, or with the power locks, and would like to get started on fixing this as...
4
4

Help - connecting MP3 players to the in-dash radio head unit
Hi, I've just bought Ford Explorer 2002 XLS with its factory made in-dash radio/CD. I'm interested to find a way to connect my MP3 player to this head unit without using FM transmitter. As far as I've...
1
1

98 Explorer 5.0 V8 XLT heat and air thru defrost vents only?!>!
Hey there. I've got a 98 5.0 V8 Explorer XLT with 68k on it. I've got a problem with heat and AC where, regardless of the setting(heat/ac/floor/front vents/defrost), all air ONLY comes out of the...
4
4

Ford dealer repair history check?
I'm doing some used car shopping and I was wondering. Is there a place online where one can get a dealer repair history report on a specific vehicle based on the VIN? Or do I have to go to a Ford...
2
2

firestone recall
Now that some time has passed since the Firestone situation, I think it is interesting that you don't hear or read anything about Explorer rollovers. As I recall, the Firestone company placed the...
3
3

winshield wiper - what to replace?
I've noticed that my windshield wiper blades don't seem to be pressing down on the glass as firmly as they used to (1999 Explorer Limited, 100K miles). Should I replace the entire arm assembly or will...
2
2

Replacing a Speaker in a 2000 Expedition??
I have a 2000 Expedition with Premium sound (whatever that is). How do I get the speaker grills off? They appear to have a clip with an "arrowhead" on them. I already busted one arrowhead off trying...
2
2

Did your V8 manifold crack? Get $$$
The court settlement requiring Ford to pay for the repair of your cracked plastic V8 manifold became final on Dec. 16, 2005. If your vehicle is eligible, you have just til Mar. 16, 2006 to apply for...
1
1

94 explorer transmission modulator question
I need to replace the modulator valve on my transmission for my 94 EB 4x4 Explorer. Can anyone share their experience with this. I have read the articles in the glue webpages which were kind of...
8
8