1998 Explorer Front RH Door Lock Problem

Hi, I'm about to pick up a 1998 Explorer North Face 5 door, and know that the front right door does not unlock from the remote, or with the power locks, and would like to get started on fixing this as soon as I can, so am looking for some advice, in tracing the fault, and removing the door card. Thanks in advance Bryan

Reply to
bryan

Hi, Is the rivet the little silver thing, with a black surround, on the face of the door? If I drill that will the actuator come out easily? Have you any photo's? Thanks

Reply to
bryan

Hi, Is the rivet the little silver thing, with a black surround, on the face of the door? If I drill that will the actuator come out easily? Have you any photo's? Thanks

Reply to
bryan

I think rivet is aluminum in bottom left (if at the drivers side). It is hooked to the door lock/latch. It is not hard but do not start work without a good manual that tells you how to to remove the door trim panel. Go to the dealer and ask to see a replacement part in the microfish. This should give you an idea of what you have to replace and what to look for.

Reply to
dd