01 F150 DRL Module

I'm bringing an F150 in to Canada from the USA, and need to get the DRL's working on it. At work, we have about 10 junked F150s, and a couple rangers.

Where is the DRL located, and maybe even what does it look like so i can get one on my new truck?

Thanks.

Reply to
Picasso

Take a look up front on the drivers side by the cross member / bumper area. Should be a black box with some wires , it should be about the size of a deck of cards or a bit bigger. That's where my 85 ranger and92 F150 was. Jim

Reply to
Jim Northey

american truck may not have drl s

Reply to
mr. spam

Ah yes. Didn't think of that at the time. Jim

Reply to
Jim Northey

Found it, i took 2 just to be sure, i know some of them have a tendancy to go at times, for whatever reason. Why would you need a $100 module to control DRL's i cannot understand, but i have 2!

It was a ceramic color, about 1.5" wide and about 4" long, mounted horizontally in front of the drivers side wheel

Reply to
Picasso

One more question i guess, will the USA truck have the wires, so i just need to plug it in, or will further wiring be necessary?

Reply to
Picasso

Good question. If it's not required in the US I would not suspect the connections to be there for it. But you never know I've had other autos with full options and still found connections not used. God only knows what they were for :-). Good luck and I hope you find the DRL unit or at least the plugs for the DRL's. Jim

Reply to
Jim Northey