1985 Grand Marquis - Oxygen sensor

Ok, I'm pretty sure that I've pinpointed the problem with my odd running and fuel guzzling car: the 21 year old O2 sensor has finally had it. Went and bought a new oxygen sensor the other day, thinking that this will be no big job, as I've replaced plenty of oxygen sensors on other vehicles in the past.

Whoever thought it would be a good idea to mount the sensor on the passenger side manifold pointing straight UP, needs to have his balls cut off! How the heck do you get in there to wrench on that thing?? I've got a 22mm wrench, but there is absolutely NO way to get it in there.

HELP... anyone ever done one of these without having to rip the whole exhaust manifold off?

-Tony

Reply to
kimmell

Ted