IAT Sensor????

I have a 95 GMC Sierra 4x4 with the 350 motor. I can't seem to locate the IAT sensor, where the heck is it supposed to be? The manual just describes it, but dosen't give you an exact location...

Any one help?

-- Whenever I feel blue, I start breathing again.

Reply to
Another Plane of Existence

I am checking out all of the sensors and or relays that feed the brain of this thing. After 120,000 miles, I want to make sure everything is reading what it should and that the computer isn't compensating or "just inside range" on some of the values. Just a bug I got on and wanted to follow through. Yes, it does have the TBI and yes, it is a 4x4, so that means it has the K designation. Are you sure there is not an IAT? What would replace it or what other readings does the brain pull from?

Reply to
Another Plane of Existence

in this instance, the 4x4 is not the "K" he was looking for, it is the VIN code for the 5.7 TBI engine. IAT is Intake Air Temp, right? 96+ Vortec's have them, TBI motors do not. I'd say since the TBI is a MAP based system, air temp isn't as important as in a MAF based system.

-Bret

Reply to
Bret Chase

OK, THAT made no sense at all to me.

Anything similar to the IAT?

Reply to
Another Plane of Existence

On throttle body injections like the one on your truck, something called "speed density" is used. The computer is setup to determine fuel deliver based on MAP (manifold absolute pressure--vacuum), TPS(throttle position sensor), CTS (coolant temp sensor), and Oxygen Sensosor. With speed density, I'm assuming, GM figured out how to deliver fuel based on factors without IAT. It's all in the engineering. If "there is more than one way to skin a cat" there is "more than one way to figure out how to inject fuel into an engine and make it run".

On some vehicles I've seen where IAT is subtle input for fuel delivery, and on other vehicles I've seen where it is a critical input for determining fuel delivery. For example, in some foreign cars with early TBI injection, the Oxygen sensor was a subtle input, where as long as I can remember oxygen sensors in GM's have always been a crucial input for fuel delivery....

So long story short, to answer your question, NO would be the answer to anything "similar to IAT".

Is this more clear now????

Nick

Reply to
Skeechmaster

clear as mud, thanks

Reply to
Another Plane of Existence

What wasn't clear?

YOU HAVE NO IAT OR MAF SENSOR ON YOUR TRUCK.

Got it?

You have a MAP, TPS, CTS and O2 sensor-controlled engine. No mass airflow, no intake air temp, no fancy schmancy Vortec controls.

Sam

Reply to
GaWd