1986 E-250 Turn Signal Flasher Unit Location

Hello all... I have the above vehicle and recently the turn signals left and right do not work. The emergency flasher does. I have already changed out the turn signal combination switch as it did not ohm out correctly on several circuits (the copper lans were worn out). Even after doing this I still cannot get the turn signals to work. I have checked the fuses and according to the wiring book when I place it in reverse I do get the backup lights. This then defaults to the switch which I know is now good (and again ohmed out and found o.k). According to the diagram voltage goes through the 'turn signal flasher unit' and then into the turn switch. I cannot find this unit. I found the emergency flasher 'can' but CANNOT find the one I need. I have looked above the fuse holder - removed the wiper/light panel and found NOTHING behind it and then looked to the right only to find the instrument cluster and NO flasher unit there. DOES anyone know where this little critter is located???? I would really appreciate it as my left hand is getting tired of pointing where I want to go and doesn't want to get wet any more when it rains. Thanks for any input provided.... If you are a dad then Happy Dads day....

Reply to
speedracer