1990 ford taurus no power

i have a 1990 ford taurus.it is a recoverd theft.it was my car when it got stolen and when i got it back it had no power.it only drives about 10 to 15 mph.i changed the spark plugs and when i did i noticed that the man who stole it changed them also and he put on new plug wires.when i took out the plugs after starting the car three of them were still wet.the car starts fine but when driving it it has no power.

Reply to
Willie Lambert

In news:alt.autos.ford, Willie Lambert

Reply to
Damaeus

why would you steal a car and change the plugs?

"Willie Lambert"

Reply to
Petebert

Hell if I know why they changed the plugs and they also changed the plug wires. They put about 4000 miles on my car before the police found it. They left tools in the car. The muffler was hanging because the pipe was rusted apart. And now the car has no power but it will start up just fine. I just like to know what everyone might thing what the problem might be. Thanks Dan

Reply to
Willie Lambert

Reply to
Thomas Moats