1993 Crown Vic LX (Engine Rattles)

My Crown Vic (1993) LX

Last year the car began to run hot and overheated so when I took it to the shop they dropped the transmission and needed to replace the freeze plugs when they discovered that the block was cracked in the center just where the transmission was removed. So they used some type of bond cement which is heat tolerant made for autos. and put a freeze plug in the dead center. Since then the car has never overheated. But when you drive it after a while. The engine rattles. Can anyone explain this.

Secondly there appears to be a rear seal leak which might explain why my oil gauge after 3 days of adding 2 qts of oil drops whenever I come to a stop. Moves erratically. Could the rear seal leak cause the engine to lose oil pressure and cause the engine (valves) to rattle based of the altering of the freeze plug assembly?

Get a new engine?

Any solutions? Please help and thanks in advance!!

Reply to
shawn78

If you are dropping oil pressure at idle enough to cause it to rattle, it is time to be looking for another engine or another vehicle.

Reply to
lugnut