idles start problem - 93 Ford Escort

Hello,

I have a 93 Ford escort and when I start it up the rpm goes to approx

1000/1500 as it should but then drops below 200 as if it would stall but then goes back to normal and is fine after.

It seems to do this hot/cold. Any help would be nice.

Thank you!

Reply to
Michel25b

"Michel25b" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@localhost.talkaboutautos.com:

start with cleaning the idle control valve, might be 'sticky' from the symptom described.

Do NOT use carb cleaner! Check for Throttle Body cleaner or similar.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic