1996 ford ranger stumbles

I have a 1996 Ford Ranger with the 2.3 liter 4 cylinder motor. I have changed the spark plugs, wires and the air/fuel filter. It idles ok with some miss. when i accelerate a little, the motor will stumble and when I accelerate heavy, the motor runs strong. When i disconnected the EGR valve vacuum line, the engine idles well and doesn't stumble on acceleration. Would the EGR valve be the problem?

Reply to
skippy_20136

First, if you have Bosch plugs in there, take em out and insert Motorcraft double plats ESPECIALLY if there a hint of a miss at cruise, as well.

Second, disconnect the MAF harness while it's warm and see if it doesnt straighten out.

Then, when it does, clean the MAF.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

I have twice seen where this was caused by a vacuum leak in manifold EGR plate. Take out the EGR valve and inspect valve and look inside housing for corroded through hole.Post back if fixed.

Reply to
Kent_Diego