1998 Windstar unlock problem - how to reset

My 1998 Windstar will no longer unlock (except for the drivers door)using either the keyless remote or the lock/unlock buttons on the doors. With everything locked, the keyless remote unlocks the drivers door on the first "Unlock" command; the second "Unlock" command causes a relay to click somewhere, but the passenger / side / tail doors remain locked. The "Unlock" buttons on the driver and passenger doors have no effect. The passenger door can be unlocked only by using the key or the internal door handle.

I tried re-doing the autolock reset, but that had no effect. Does anyone know a reset sequence that will fix this?

TIA, Dave

Reply to
Biggles

You're relay/module/plug-in type thing might be bad. If it were my car I would gamble whatever a manual and new component cost, find out where it is/what is clicking and get a new one and hopefully be done with it.

Have you jump started your car lately, I did recently and lost the brake light switch and backup switch. Must have given it such a jolt of electricity that the components on their way out just went. But it's still the devil I know.

Matt

Reply to
sleepdog