1999 Ford Taurus

Hi all,

I just bought a 1999 Ford Taurus today, and the keyless entry pad doesn't work except for the panic button and the trunk. It doesn't lock or unlock the doors. Any suggestions? Thanks! Joanie

Reply to
Thatgirl1971

You should have checked that before you bought it.

Reply to
Father Guido

If you mean the key fob remote (the "peanut"), it may require a new battery and re-programming to the car. Do the door locks work with the electric (not manual) switches inside the car? If not, new door lock solenoids may be required, or it may just be a fuse.

Reply to
Sharon Cooke

Thanks so much for the input. I checked the fuse, and there wasn't a fuse even in that slot, which makes me wonder why it was taken out in the first place...maybe it was shorting something. The locks do not work automatically from inside the car, only manually. Thanks again! Joanie

Reply to
Thatgirl1971