1999 Lincoln Navigator Amp Sub Woofer Problem

Help I can't figure out why my Amp and woofer don't work. Is there something I need to do to engage them. Let me know what I can do.

Thanks

Reply to
UberGeeker

Did you install an aftermarket audio system?

Rodney

Reply to
Rodney

No I believe it is totally stock. I just bought the Vehicle last week. But it looks totally stock.

Reply to
UberGeeker

Check fuses and power supply Some Amps still have screw in glass fuses.

Next there should be a gain adjustment. If everything else is ok, with the radio on try adjusting that, if it's working you'll notice.

Then (or perhaps even first) check for power at your sub with the stereo on., Check to see if there's a defective capacitor (not sure if the Lincoln's use them or not but.....

Let us know how it goes.

Reply to
Some ga

Ok so get this I tried troubleshooting the amp and found power but then decided to check in the dash behind the radio for a loose wire. Yep and guess what the amp and subwoofer wire was not plugged in. It's like troubleshooting 101 check all connections first. Plugged it in and I was good to go and man does it sound way better.

Thanks for your guys inputs

Some ga wrote:

Reply to
UberGeeker