1999 Taurus Windshield wiper

Hi,

I just purchased a 1999 Ford Taurus and I'm satisfied with the car but have noticed a problem.The windshield wipers comes on by themselves occasionally.Has anyone else had this problem and how was it fixed?

Thanks

Reply to
hemby89

I had the same problem with my 1999 Sable Wagon. It turned out to be the turn signal/wiper control lever (not sure of exact name). Mine was replaced under warranty, so I'm not sure how much it would cost to fix. I've heard of people taking the wiper control part off the end of the lever and cleaning it up, but I've never tried it since mine was under warranty so I don't know if that would work. Good luck fixing it.

Chris

Reply to
95SE