2000 Contour AC condenser

Mine is leaking because the power steering cooler rubbed one of the tubes. Any hints on how to get it out?

Thanks,

Al

Reply to
Big Al

Hi Al, Your condenser comes out from the bottom. You will need to get the front of the car about 3' off the ground. The manual states (or used to) that you need to remove the condenser and radiator as a single unit. You can R&R the condenser without the radiator though.Pull off the splash shield under the radiator, behind the bumper cover. Remove the cooling fan assembly and unbolt the radiator (leaving the hoses and, I think, the trans. lines conected), you can push it toward the motor out of your way and have a helper hold it back. I don't remember the particulars of the mounting, but IIRC there are 2 bolts on top and 2 brackets on the bottom, all close to the radiator mounting bolts. The condenser uses spring-lock couplers on the connectors that require special tools (common spring lock connection tools). Be sure to replace the o-rings on the AC connections and add about 2 oz of PAG oil to the condenser before you evacuate and recharge the AC.

Hope this helps, Tom Adkins

Reply to
Tom Adkins