2000 Taurus stalling

I have a taurus that likes to stall at red lights or when I'm just driving along. I've had a diagnostic test run on it and it showed nothing. Any ideas

Reply to
tupinambis

Idle air control valve is dirty/worn.

Reply to
Sharon Cooke

What do you mean 'just driving along'?

When you release the accel? If so, then may be the IAC, as Sharon Cooke says.

If it dies at cruise, or anytime foot is on the gas, that's different.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

I'd also check the catalytic converter if the IAC doesn't work out.

Reply to
Jody Lee Bruchon

And throttle positioning sensor. But it's probably the IAC.

Reply to
Mortimer Schnerd, RN