2000 AUTO VW POLO stalling problems

Hi~
I've just recently purchased a 2000 automatic transmission VW Polo with about 28,000 miles on the clock. Over the last week or so, it intermittently
stalled when I came to a total stop at traffic lights, roundabouts, etc on some occassions.
I took the car to an approved VW dealer and got them to check it out, as the car has a year's warranty on it. The garage said the throttle body was so badly clogged, that it needed replacing. I told them to change it and thought that would solve the problem. However, since picking the car up last Friday, the car has, once again, begun to intermittently stall at certain times when I come to a total stop.
I've called the garage again to as the problem has clearly not been fixed, and wondered if anyone out there had any ideas as to what could be causing the problem. I've told the garage I want the car to be booked in for a diagnostics test next week - am I right in doing this?
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Acquiesce.
Dirty fuel system? My liftshare won't touch Safeway petrol because of cutting out problems on her Polo ( although I suspect the site, and its fuel handling, not neccessarily Safeway Petrol ). It could be that a dosing of fuel system cleaner, and a fuel filter change might help. The diagnostics will / should flag up any hardware faults, which is always good to eliminate.

intermittently
the
last
Thanks very much for the reassurance Laurence. Funnily enough, I've just headed over to BP and filled up on a full tank on Super Unleaded petrol...I'm still gonna take it in though.
One other thing...the car sometimes loses revs when I accelerate, then it picks itself back up...any ideas?
Acquiesce.

on
so
certain