2002 Taurus Transmission Type

It's a 2002 SES Deluxe (3.0L Duratec Engine). Door sticker shows TR Code X, but manual gives no breakdown.

The Scheduled Maintenance Guide says change fluid on AX4N or 4F50N, not required for others. Tried searching Google for the transmission codes, couldn't find them.

Can anyone enlighten as to which transmission I might have?

John

Reply to
John

You have one or the other. Actually, I thought the 4F50N was the same as the AX4N. Definitely service the tranny.

CJ

Reply to
Christopher Brown

I believe that your wife's car has the same transmission as in my 2002 Taurus SEL Premium. I'm not sure what type either. It would be best to have your wife's car serviced at a dealer. They would know what type the tranny is.

~CyberWolf

Reply to
CyberWolf

I have a 2000 Taurus wagon with the Duratec engine. I have the AX4N transmission. I changed the transmission fluid this fall with 29k miles. I was surprised how dirty the fluid was. You need to fill about 7 and 1/2 quarts of transmission fluid when replacing the filter and fluid. The owner's manual does not give you this number. You definitely need to change the fluid every 30k.

Steve

Reply to
SChiu