2010 Ford Edge Battery Saver

My 2010 Edge, with only 3,000 miles on it, will not hold a charge for more than 2-3 days. I understand that there is a battery saver relay on this vehicle which may be the cause of this problem, but cannot find where it is located.

Does anyone here know where the battery saver relay is located on the

2010 edge?

Thanks,

riserman

Reply to
riserman

Have you had the battery checked??? The battery saver is USUALLY controlled by the BCM

Reply to
clare

One of the biggest problem with batteries here in Australia is the cleaning of the battery terminals and general upkeep of the battery. If you have driving lights or extra lighting, the alternator usually cant keep the power up, so a rewind or bigger alternator is the best idea. I have a XR-6 with a XR 8 alternator because i do alot of night driving. Plus the fact some batteries last 12 to 18 months and pack it in. As for the battery saver, i dont trust devices that say they do a certain thing, maintenance is the best attack to make a battery last

Reply to
Peter

Our 2010 Edge with 12K miles has never had the battery run down. It was parked for 8-day in Sep and started with no problem. Sounds like you may have a defective battery.

Reply to
aRKay

Any chance that you purchased a vehicle with a warranty on it? I've heard that some new vehicles have them............

Reply to
Kruse