2010 TSX Blown speakers

I bought a TSX 6 months ago. The passenger rear door speaker started sounding just a little distorted. I don't play music loud, up to 15 is the highest. After a few months the speaker got worse. So I had it replaced. The second speaker went bad after two days. So I did a search on line for Blown TSX speakers. There are allot of people in the same mess as I am. Acura is now replacing bad speakers with ones from the same lot. I wonder if the speakers are good and there is something wrong with the amp, or wiring. Some people have had speakers replaced 5 times. That isn't right. I think there is a law about breach of warranty. If they can't fix something after 3 tries then that is a breach of warranty. Acura rates the ELS sound system as this great thing. It sounds like crap with blown speakers. All you others with the same problem, what are you doing about this? I just don't know what to do.

Reply to
Ed

snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Ed) wrote in news:8875-4CE481AE-2291@storefull-

3112.bay.webtv.net:

I think you're panicking a little bit early: Your warranty runs at least three solid years.

Give it another six months or so to let Honda produce a TSB (if they haven't already), and revised parts. At that point you revisit your dealer for a (hopefully final) free fix.

Have you asked your dealer to look for TSBs regarding 2010 TSX speakers? It's trivially easy for them to do. In fact, if you wanted to spend $10 for

3 days, you can do it too, and not rely on possibly bogus Internet reports.

It's the same info the dealer gets.

Reply to
Tegger

Yes there is a TSB, and the dealers are told to replace the speakers with the ones supplied, the same lot. I talked to two different service managers about this. They both said they are following what they are told to do. I found out the speakers are worth only $20. They must have allot of them. I don't understand why Acura can't return the bad speakers to the manufacturer and replace customers bad ones with known good speakers. ELS Sound System is nothing without speakers that work.

Reply to
Ed

snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Ed) wrote in news:27061-4CE99CBF-450@storefull-

3113.bay.webtv.net:

That may be what Honda pays when they buy 100,000 of them at once. Volume is a great price-reducer.

If the speakers are being replaced with ones from the "same lot", then the supplier has not yet had a chance to redesign and produce speakers that fix the problem, and Honda is just running-out existing service-parts until the new speakers are available. This way, customers at least have working speakers again, which is the most important thing

It must be remembered that when these sorts of problems occur, it's not like 100% of the parts are defective or inadequate, but usually less than

1%. And that /is/ considered a disaster.

This means that your new speakers might end up working just fine. If not, you've got nearly 3-years to go in your warranty. If the new speakers fail again later on, there's a virtually 100% chance that, by then, the parts in the service-stream will be the revised ones, and you'll be good until you get rid of the car.

Reply to
Tegger

And the way Honda is doing things nowadays, a month AFTER his warranty is out and the speaker blows, Honda will tell HIM to go blow.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

Sorry, you just don't know and understand the problem. Yes they will replace a bad speaker. But with another bad one. That is what happened to me, and allot of other people. Where did you get the info that it is

1% of customers with bad speakers, I would like to know. Some people have had them replaced over 5 times. At what point don't you understand the problem. Sure I can keep taking days off work to go get speakers replaced for the full term of my warranty. That means that I owned a New TSX for 3 years and haven't been able to enjoy the ELS Sound system that I PAYED for with the Tec package. Honda should do the right thing and fix it with new speakers. And one more important thing. This isn't a new problem. People with 09 cars are having the same problem. So if Honda was going to do something, it should have happened by now. I may not want to keep my car after 3 years, allot of people trade them in and pick up something else. So what you are saying don't worry they will keep replacing your speakers for 3 years with ones that are also bad. I DON'T HAVE A WORKING SOUND SYSTEM. So Honda do the right thing or I will start up a class action law suit, simple for breach of waranty. How many fixes are you allowed by law before it is a breach of waranty? If Honda hasn't changed speakers yet, that must mean that the new 2011 cars will have bad speakers too. Now tell me what is wrong with my complant? Do you now understand the problem? Just do a google search for 2010 tsx blown or bad speakers, and see that allot of people have the same issue, also the TL 09 and 10. A note to Acura and Honda. I will never buy another vehicle from you ever again, and I will tell as many people as I can to stay away from buying you vehicles.
Reply to
Ed

yeah, yeah, yeah. People scream "CLASS ACTION!" all the time, and it's just so much hot air.

It's time to invoke your state's lemon law, if you can. If not...

Maybe it's time to investigate what replacement speakers WILL work reliably, and just pay for them out of your own pocket and move on with your life.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

Ed, you're bitching to the wrong person. Calm down, and go reread Tegger's response, and I think you'll see that you're overreacting to what he wrote, and that quite possibly you misread some of it.

Save your vitriol for the service manager at your dealer.

BTW, I agree with another poster - if you're serious about listening to music, and have any kind of decent ears, you probably want to just go ahead and upgrade your speakers to something better anyway. The factory speakers that come with hondas and acuras (and most other cars) are abysmally bad, even if you got the premium sound system.

Reply to
Yoda

Also BTW, I don't think the lemon laws will apply in this case. However a class action suit sounds like the way to go on this. But unless it's a very large class it may not be worth the expense. As speakers aren't essential to the cars operation or safety, a judge is only going to make a small award if any at all.

Reply to
Yoda