Subject Author Posted Replies

Ford fix-it plan off track
Ford fix-it plan off track -- Ford Motor Co. is failing to meet key goals in its turnaround plan and employees are losing confidence in the company's ability to save itself, according to an internal...

1996 Contour SE V6 cycling
1996 V6 Ford Contour - when started cold is cycling from 200 rpm - to 3000 rpm on its own (sometimes it stalls at the low end). Once warmed up it seems ok, but a few times has stalled and would not...
3
3

Power windows problem
I have a 96 taurus wagon. My power windows stopped functioning. All motors are good. Relay seems to e good. Any ideas?
2
2

How to change the passneger mirror on a 98 windstar.
How do I replace the entire mirror on the passenger side of my 98 Ford Windstar? Is there online shop manuals that describes it?? I would say that my backyard mechanic skills are about a 8 out of 10....

Wait for it to fail?
My 1992 Taurus wagon has a steering rack that creaks and groans in cold weather only. Yesterday I happened to be under the hood and noticed a black rubber line running to the power steering pump is...
8
8

Ford Escort LX TDI cutting out
My sons Escort TDI (1996 120k miles) runs well most of the time and always starts first time on the key. Sometimes however it will cut out completely during normal driving. It might run for several...
1
1

help! Can I have a locked-up engine fixed?!!
I just got my '95 Windstar back from the mechanic. I had brought it in to have the starter replaced-now the guy says the engine is seized up!!! How would this happen?! Yes, it had a slow oil leak, but...
3
3

88 thunderbird tc
I've got an 88 Ford Thunderbird, 2.3L with turbo, 5 speed transmission. I LOVE this car, except for one tiny annoying problem that is growing worse. If I drive the car for over an hour in warm...
3
3

2008 TAURUS X
7
7

Re: People who claim 'they could build a 400mpg Hybrid' amuse me.
JoeSpareBedroom, allow me to introduce you to Troy Heagy, performance troll and the self styled "most annoying man on usenet" Troy posts under at least half a dozen names (see below) and his game is...
3
3

Re: People who claim 'they could build a 400mpg Hybrid' amuse me.
And all the great mathematicians that proved you could not reach 200 MPH in a quarter mile:) Al
1
1

87 and 88 Taurus blower motor and turn signal problems
I own an 88 taurus that when you start it you have to turn the key back just a touch to make it charge and make the turn signals and blower motor work. My cousin has an 87 that does the same thing but...
1
1

Radio Installation
I had received a Metra Turbokit Auto Stereo Installation Kit for my birthday. I came with wire harnesses that were supposed to fit my vehicle. My vehicle is a 2000 Ford Escort ZX2. The item number is...
2
2

97 Aerostar won't start when cold
My 97 Aerostar 3.0L has developed a wierd problem. When it is cold (below -10 degC) it will not start. When I turn the key on, I hear the fuel pump relay click but do not hear the fuel pump. Also the...
5
5

Is there a way to read OBD-II codes without a scanner?
The 96 T-bird has had a check engine light on for some time, I was told years. Is there a way to get the code without plugging in a code reader? I could do it on a 95 GMC, but I dont think I can do it...
2
2