Subject Author Posted Replies

Blown coil on 99 Grand Marquis LS.
the Coil on cylinder #2 died on me last week. Replaced it (along with the plug), (well, got it replaced since I don't have the OBD2 reader to reset the codes afterwards). is it normal for those things...
8
8

91 Town Car AOD
Seems to be stuck in forward in all manual positions. Adjustment is right. Previous owner ran with TV cable disconnected. I've had the valve body apart twice now to make sure nothing is stuck. Any...
5
5

99 taurus 3.0, power steering issues
the p/s fluid level on this 99 taurus i'm working on is fine when the engine is running, and the steering works great. but when you shut off the engine, the fluid slowly comes up and spill out of the...
13
13

Foggy headlamp covers
The front headlight covers on my 96 Sable have gotten foggy and lost their original crystal clarity - to the point I think that they are a DANGER. At night the light is half as bright as other cars on...
20
20

98 Windstar Hesitation/Bucking - now with CODES!
Finally got the van to throw a code. I pulled 2 codes, first I got... P0102 - MAF / VAF Circuit Input Low. This is the code it threw before and on the strength of that my mechanic replaced the MAF at...
6
6

Ford E350 braking problem
Hi all, I have a 2000 Ford Van 350. Today the pedal went to the floor while driving/braking. After a few seconds the pedal will come back up and will brake for a second or two and then drop back to...

oil pan hole(welded??)
question?? on my 92 cougar 3.8,the can bottomed out in a sink hole and right by the oil plug on the pan, it hit and caused a small rip or hole in the metel on the pan,the plug itself seems fine the...
4
4

98 Grand Marquis Hard Starting and low idle speed
My Grand Marquis is acting up again. It is difficult to start and when it does it idles very low and almost stalls. Afer a few minutes it's okay but after it warms up and I'm on the highway, it pings....
6
6

1999 Taurus front wheel bearing & lower ball joins replacement
Just a quick question to you experts out there: how difficult it is to replace the front wheel bearing hub assembly and the lower ball joins on a 99 Taurus? The scale is 1-10, 1 is for very easy (such...
1
1

95 TOWN CAR SPEED CONTROL INTERMITTENT--WHAT TO LOOK FOR ?
FOR ALL THESE YEARS AND MILES, THE SPEED CONTROL ALWAYS WORKED EVERY TIME. NO "CHECK ENGINE" LIGHT (EXCEPT AT START UP, OF COURSE). WHAT IS THE MOST LIKELY CULPRIT(S) HERE? THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR...
4
4

2001 Taurus- any problem areas?
I just bought a low mileage 2001 Taurus with the 3.0L pushrod engine (Vulcan). My 1997 Taurus blew the engine due to the "brown coolant" problem, which I didn't know about until it was too late....
5
5

93 ford aerostar
my problem is that on some days my van wont start so im thinking distributor cap. now i took it to a repair shop and they said that was the problem and also i need a tune up and wires and they quoted...
5
5

2002 Explorer XLT
I have a 02 exp. 4wd. When I am driving above 35mph and take my foot off the gas to allow it to slow down I feel the car jumping and doing like a dong" noise. It's not hard for everyone in the car to...
1
1

problem with alternator wiring on 1993 Ford Sho
I think a wire came loose or the altenator may not be wired right. It is discharging my battery. Need a diagram or a good instructions on how to wir it correctly. thanx
5
5

98 Ford Escort ZX2 OBD-II code 455
Can anyone suggest what might be responsible for generating this code? My Haynes doesn't give much info on this one.
3
3