4.6 93 Crown Vic rough idle, stumbling, oily exhaust.....

Car has blazing acceleration at highway speeds sometimes, when it starts, sometimes it's very smooth.....has 133K miles. Heard these engines have problems with plugged EGR, DPFE sensors, and IAC valves plugging up. Code reader for EEC-IV KOEO said 327 (EGR Valve Position (EVP) sensor, Pressure Feedback sensor or EGR Pressure Transducer (EPT) signal voltage too low. Does this make sense? Thanks in advance.

Reply to
septicman

just bought myself a 93 crown vic with only 60K on it!!! it's in great shape. but mine too idles slightly rough and accelerates great on the highway. it just doesn't perform when the pedal is pushed. if i go really slow to start out, it is fine. I replaced the fuel filter in 5 minutes at $6.00. that helped a little, but what gets me is it looses all its power when the a/c is on. my EGR sensor is bad. just came up on my code tonight. replacing it tomorrow. if it helps i will let you know, and if you get anything working, let me know please....also, where is the best place to sell this thing...only really got it to make money. it's in MINT!!!! condition. oh yea...not exhaust leak either (there goes the cat conv....might check yours)

Reply to
dtice44

Man, your CV needs plugs and wires along with cleaning of the MAF sensor. Simple as that. They eat cheap plug wires for lunch. As far as the EGR code. the EGR passages in the intake are plugged with carbon due to the bad intake valve seals and the DPFE sensor "might" be bad. It probably is, but the code won't go away until you clean the EGR passages. The dirty MAF sensor will set lean "O2 sensor" codes. Why the heck do you thing the cats are "bad", maybe due to Lean codes?

Reply to
Tom Adkins

good looking out...got 50 other things going at once, guess i overlooked that. (guess that's what the forum is for! haha) many thanks TOM ADKINS!

Reply to
dtice44

I'll give you a Grand, sight unseen, as long as it's as "mint" as you claim. Oh, wait a minute, that's MINT!!!. That's worth an extra $10 for the caps and exclamation points. Make that $1010.

Reply to
Tom Adkins

Give it a good tune up. Plugs, wires (these cars eat cheap plug wires), filters, and clean the MAF sensor. Remove the throttle body and adaptor (elbow) and claen out the EGR ports. Other than that, you should be good to go.

Reply to
Tom Adkins

your looking at a $150 fix....that's mint...got a corvette too...mint...front bumper isn't on, but still in mint condition...would you rather me not tell you these things? i think if you have a car that is 13 years old with 60K on it and the only thing wrong are a few sensors, it's in mint.

Reply to
dtice44