Taurus Engine

Can anyone here point me to where I can find information on which years/models used the same engine as a 99 Taurus? It is a 3.0 Vulcan. Thanks

Reply to
JW

What is it your trying to do? Although many years use the same basic engine, somewhere around 95 they added a cam sensor and went with coil packs.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Urz

Rob

Reply to
trainfan1

used the same engine as a 99 Taurus? It is a 3.0 Vulcan. Thanks

1986-1997 Ford Aerostar 1986-2007 Ford Taurus 1986-2005 Mercury Sable 1990-1992 Ford Probe 1991-present Ford Ranger 1992-1994 Ford Tempo 1992-1994 Mercury Topaz 1994-present Mazda B-Series 1995-2003 Ford Windstar Retrieved from "
"
Reply to
monkeyboy

used the same engine as a 99 Taurus? It is a 3.0 Vulcan. Thanks

3.0's maybe, but NOT the same exact engine.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Urz

used the same engine as a 99 Taurus? It is a 3.0 Vulcan. Thanks

Which demonstrates the weakness of the "wiki" generation...

These will not interchange FWD/RWD/Years. You need to do a Hollander interchange search as used on

Rob

Reply to
trainfan1

Well mister correction person if you know that why don't you tell him what is the same exact engine. Yeah, that's what I thought!

Reply to
monkeyboy via CarKB.com

Is that an answer, did it help. He said 1999 Taurus. Hey that probably the one he needs.

Reply to
monkeyboy via CarKB.com

Well Mr. Helpy Helperton, why don't you go one step further and give him a list. I guess that demonstrates the weakness of the tweeker generation.

Reply to
monkeyboy via CarKB.com

Well, he did ask to be "pointed", he did not ask for the actual information, and he will learn more about the Hollander interchange if he works on the site himself to get the specific information required.

He's too bashful to tell us the reason for his quest, as someone else inquired about, so without specifics I won't offer a concrete answer.

Rob

Reply to
trainfan1

A little sensitive are we?

For starters, it should be a front drive unit.

The engines have been improved over the years and parts changed. And the horse power went up.

Around 95/96 or so, they added a cam position sensor and coil packs. Horsepower was gradually improved with the years. somewhere late

90's they changed the intake Plenum too.

My guess is he has the the newer vulcan with the changed intake plenum. A junkyard with a Hollander book would know the specifics.

3.0's (non duratec) are relatively cheap to find used. There are always some on Ebay. Its probably not worth rebuilding one for what you can get a used one for. And they usually outlast the car there in. My 93 has over 200K on it now. As far as i can tell, 98 and 99 should be the same. Anything else might work with acessory swap if you do your homework..

examples for reference:

Bob

Reply to
Bob Urz