4.6L in 99 Town Car hesitation

I know this is a Ford list, but it seems to be much more active that the Lincoln list...

My in-laws are having occasional trouble with their 99 Town Car. It's a

4.6L, and when it's very cold or very hot, it has trouble starting and then runs very rough. During normal temps, it's fine. It's a very intermittent problem...the travel gauges (tripometer, etc.) also occasionally go on the blink.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

-Brian

Reply to
Brian Windsor

From another post:

Problem: Cranks and starts but dies immediately, will not hold RPMs at idle.

///////////////////////////// Clean the MAF and also check the IAC. These are the two most common problems. There are alot of folks who work their T-Birds, visit

//////////////////////////// Steep it in carb cleaner for a while to really clean it. Pretty common prob. Did this to my old Escort the other day due to bad idle, works like a charm. /////////////////////

Reply to
F.H.