63 Ford elec fuel pump install questions

What is the best to install and what is the best way to install a sold state feul pump in a 63 ford? Any recommendations on a 7-9 psi pump?

This is a single feed line fueul system, no return, Fuel line out of the tank is up towards the middle of the tank, near the sending unit wiring.

I have a pump that says to install it within 12 linear inches of the bottom of the tank. I am not sure what that means, I think it means the run from the tank to the pump inlet should be 12 inches or less, but not sure what the positioning of the pump should be - not much chance of having it as low as the bottom of the tank. It says 45 degree angle (no problem there), that won't be a problem if I can find a place to mount it. thanks bob

Reply to
bob

Anywhere close will work as long as you prime it and never run your tank dry.

Why not just replace your mechanical pump?

C8oe

Reply to
W3tac8oe

Reply to