80's Econolines

Who here has an 80's (actually 1979 to 1991) style Econoline? I am saving up and hope to have one in the next couple of months. It has been a lifelong obsession to have one. I don't know why but I absolutely love the style! I'm not looking for one of those conversion vans, mind you. I want an empty contractor van, preferrably extended length. Those are the coolest! That is the coolest style - boxy square shape with long hood. And the hobcaps with the star shape are neat as well. I drive an '87 Cutlass right now and I bought a set of Econoline hubcaps on eBay and popped them on. That way it can feel like an Econoline somewhat. Who else is a fan of these vans?

Reply to
Ernie Werbel

I've had 4 or 5 of the Club Wagons, but never a conversion, and never a box van (without windows). One of the Club Wagons was the Chateau pacage, which is the closest you can get to a conversion van in a factory package. FWIW, the bodystyle goes back to the mid 70's with a different grille.

CJB

Reply to
CJB

The body ran 1975-1991 essentially unchanged except for the rectangular headlamps arriving in 1979. At one point, Ford was making them so fast, with known problems(like body panel sealing/leaking issues) with a backlog of orders from people who wanted them so bad no one cared. The dealers fixed the ones that came back with complaints.

Rob

Reply to
trainfan1

I could never understand why anyone would buy the Dodge after driving both the Dodge and Ford. The Fords drive so much better.

CJB

Reply to
CJB

cause dodge loyalists are just plain stupid???

Reply to
Tom