86 Sable/Taurus Starter

Went to the jobber shop today and picked up a replacement starter for my 86 Sable 3.0. Went to install it and it didn't have the mounting hole on the rear of the starter for the support bracket. Reading through various manuals it says install bracket if so equipped so I'm figuring that it was eliminated in later models?? Anyway, as the car had to be running the next day I went ahead and installed the starter without the rear bracket, anybody know if that's going to be ok or am I going to regret it? (i.e. how important is it given that some models had it and others didn't.)

Reply to
Sam Steele