Update on alarm/remote starter

I posted previously about a remote starter issue on my 2001 Caravan. It al started when I went to the dealer for some work and they upgraded the body computer for the electrical. I noticed afterwards that the remote start would not work - it would turn ok, but not start.

I had to ferret around and actually query the dealer, even though they saw I had this remote when I was in there. It is a known issue as chrysler does not 'support' remote starter features they told me.

I took it back to my alarm guy, and when I got back home, it would start via the remote, but not via the key! Another trip back to the alarm guy and they had to put in a resistor AND an isolation diode into the system.

It works ok now, so anyone who has the upgrade done be aware of this issue. The upgrade fixed intermittent rear wiper operation and changed the air timing so it would only come on 15 secs after the engine start and who knows what else. I think it may have been a recall item.

FWIW.

Reply to
ebeneezer Geezer

I'm surprised to hear about Chrysler's no support as I just got an 04 Jeep GC from Chrysler and it came equipped with a remote starter. I know it is not from the factory but I believe if dealers install remote starters they should support them.

Reply to
George-NY

I'm surprised to hear about Chrysler's no support as I just got an 04 Jeep GC from Chrysler and it came equipped with a remote starter. I know it is not from the factory but I believe if dealers install remote starters they should support them.

Reply to
George-NY

I know when I wanted to get remote start, I had to go after market. Anyhow, just some info in case anyone else runs up against this issue.

Reply to
ebeneezer Geezer