88 t-bird idles up, then dies

I have a 88 t-bird 5 ltr. 302 On a cold start only, it will try to run up to fast idle, shakes a bit, and then dies. Then by restarting it, with no problem, it will run fine after that. I did a much needed tune up; plugs, wires, cap & rotor. Could the egr valve cause this? Kinda salty to replace. Any suggestions greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Reply to
MrYooneek

Sharon K.Cooke