91 Explorer in Ottawa: is it worth anything?

[also posted to rec.*.explorer]

It's time to finally move on from my 1991 Explorer. I'm trying to separate its value from the price of a replacement (no "I'll give you $5000 for your trade-in but you have to pay retail for the new vehicle"). What, if anything, should I expect as a reasonable trade-in?

It's got

Reply to
Andrew Webber

Realistic trade in value here in Central Ontario for a rusty 2 wheel drive explorer is about $500.00 A 4X4 is worth about double that.

Likely worth twice that in parts, to the right person(s).

Reply to
nospam.clare.nce

I'm in Ottawa too. You'd most likely be better off posting it on ott.forsale.vehicles, see if you get any takers. You might find someone fron Quebec who'll pick it up for a winter beater (easy safety in quebec, so the rust won't really matter, and no driveclean over there).

If you could manage to get it saftied here, you'd get an quick $1000 for it. virtually any vehicle that's got a safety and an etest will get $1000.

Reply to
Teknical