93 Mercury Topas ( Tempo ) - Battery Discharging

I have a 93 Mercury Topaz (Tempo) and just replaced the battery. The battery discharged over about 1-1/2 to 2 days. I had the alternator checked and it was okay. Any Ideas?

Reply to
fgellis

Sticking light switch, maybe? Check for light in trunk, hood, glove box after dark, without opening any of them. Some of the output machine checkers (or their operators) lie; install a voltmeter gauge to see what the the voltage is going down the road. It should be 13.5~14.5 volts; below 13.5, the battery really takes a long time to re-charge, and at 13.2 volts, it's just staying even. Above

15 volts, it's a runaway alternator that's burning out the battery.
Reply to
Sharon K.Cooke

I would think that you have something on in the car, like a light. You have to trace it down (or just start run the car every morning and afternoon).

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

If you have lighted mirrors in your sunvisors one could be on and you wouldn't see it.

Reply to
I. Care