93 Taurus 3.8 won't start when hot

check the engines temp sensor, dont remember the name of it but its plugged into the intake manifold, its easily checked with a multi meter and haynes should have a chart for correct readings, if not the chiltons does

Reply to
Petebert

Hi,

I've just been given a 93 Taurus 3.8 wagon by my father in law. The car starts and runs great and the bodywork is good.

Only problem is it is difficult to start or won't start when hot. I get up in the morning and it starts just fine and runs smoothly. I drive it for a mile or so, park it and shut it off. Then it won't start. Motor turns just fine, and it sounds like it would like to run, but seldom does.

Are there diagnostic codes I can read on this vehicle. I have a Haynes manual but I can't find any info on diagnostic codes.

Any help appreciated.

Al Moodie.

Reply to
Al Moodie