93 taurus shimmy in steering wheel

I got this 93 taurus 3.0 automatic.. runs pretty good.. i had this once before and all i did was change out one of the front tires and it went away... the old tire had an EGG, or Ball or what ever they call a lump when the bands inside the tire come apart and make a bulge in it..... welli got the shimmy back again about two to three year later and these two front tires dont have any eggs or balls on them... any ideas of what i could be.. i know tire, and balancing might be the culprit(s) when i drive about 0 -20 mph no shaking, but when doing 35=-40 it shakes.. and when going 55-65 or more these is no shake in the steering wheel...... any clues will be appreciated......

Reply to
jim

I am sure you checked your CV boots for cracks because i know you (and I) have done plenty of work on our Taurus.

Why not just swap the front tires to the rear? if the symptoms change, you found your answer.

You also checked your rims for junk clinging to the insides that could throw them out of balance? Or checked for a wheel weight that may have fallen off? Or even crud on one of the brake rotors?

Bob

Reply to
BOB URZ

Reply to