'94 Tbird LX V8: Windshield washer squirter

Re: '94 Tbird LX V8: Windshield washer squirter
'owdy,
Seems like last year, I pushed the button for the Windshield washer squirter, it didn't work, but,
when I kept pushing the button, somethin' finally broke loose and it started working.
This year: nothin', nada, zilch. Doesn't matter how long I keep pushing the button.
What commonly buggers the Windshield washer squirter? I pulled the multi-function switch from the steering column 3-4 years ago. It looked kinda like junk so I guess it is a candidate (just clean the contacts?). Other stuff on this sub-system that commonly goes bad?
TIA, Puddin'
****************************************************** *** Puddin' Man PuddingDotMan at GmailDotCom *** ******************************************************;

Most likely the pump or clogged lines in/from the washer tank.

Thanks. I woulda thought the same, but ...
I keep testing it every time I drive. It finally "broke loose" again, worked 2 or 3 times yesterday. But it still fails about 2/3 of the time I push the button.
Still smells like the (Idiot) multi-function switch ...
Cheers, Puddin'
Put a test light on the pos wire at the pump. Keep working the swith till it quits. Then if you have a light its the pump, if not its the switch. I have cleaned the multis on CVs many times with good results. Never tryed the washer part (turn sig is the big problem on those) but it is worth a try. WD40 worked good for me. GL

Good idea. I rigged up a tester.

No kiddin'? I wouldn't a thought a lubricant would be suitable. 'Course if it works it'll likely protect it from further contact problems.
It's cold here. On the way to the grocery I stick my head under the hood and look for the pump. I couldn't find it.
You gotta '94 ThunderChicken? Is the pump behind the grille with the reservoir? On the firewall somewhere?
Thanks, Puddin'