'94 TBird LX V8: Glue for rearview mirror?

Re: '94 TBird LX V8: Glue for rearview mirror?

The glass mirror for the rearview was loose, so I removed it. Lucky it didn't fall and break on the street.

Whenever anything breaks that shouldn't have broken in the first place, I gotta wonder "How do ya fix it. So it won't break again.".

So maybe I need to grind the old adhesive off, rough-up the glass surface, and apply a good quality adhesive (what is "a good quality adhesive"?) ?

Any tips, recommendations would be appreciated.

Cheers, Puddin'

Reply to
Puddin' Man

If you mean the outside glass came out of the mirror?....silicon adhesive will work nicely. There is a type of mirror glue made for mirrors at home depot too. Or you could go to a autoglass place and let them do it for a few bucks. They use a special black mastic.

Reply to
Shoe Salesman