95 Crown Vic steering weirdness

OK folks, I'm stumped. Last week I noticed my steering wheel wasn't centered. It has to point at about the 1 o'clock position to go straight down the road. I'm a bit of a nut about having the wheel centered so I'm sure it just began.

I checked for odd tire pressure and hanging brakes. I looked for loose wheel bearings or sloppy tie rod ends. So far, I haven't found the cause. I do not detect any odd handling or sloppiness and it feels as tight as always.

I am about to make an appointment to have it checked but I thought I'd toss it out here first. I am a fair shade-tree mechanic - been doing it since

1970 - but I'm stumped now.

Thanks everyone!

Paul (PoD)

Reply to
Paul of Dayton

I think it must be slightly out of alignment Paul. I fear you'll have to take it in. Doug of Wi.

Reply to
ankhe105

Thanks for the reply. I am sure it's off somewhere, I was fishing for ideas so I can be prepared for the "Uhh sir, we found something..." speech.

PoD

Reply to
Paul of Dayton