95 escort fan run constantly

i have a 95 escort . the fan runs as soon as the ignition is turned on. ac is off. defroster is off . changed coolant temp sensor. what else could it be.

thanks

tim

Reply to
Karin Brusie

Could be the fan relay stuck open, that's an easy fix I think. It's near the radiator on my 90 escort, might be for yours. The other possibility is the temperature switch threaded into the thermostat housing, not sure if that was what you were referring to. Point being I am trying not to confuse this with the ECT, or engine coolant temp sensor, which feeds a signal to the computer rather than the fan circuit. That one would be threaded into the heater tube under the intake.

Matt

Reply to
sleepdog

hiya,

on a UK '95 escort the fan switch is a big fat thing screwed into the header tank of the radiator, unplug it and see if the fan stops.

pottsy

Check the two fan relays under the hood internal parts could be jumped from age. hope that helps.

Tom

Reply to
iyaayas