95 ford escort wagon

My little escort is a great running car, except when I drive it to my mountain cabin on a hot afternoon. It will quit half way up the 7 mile dirt road. If I sit for 15 to 20 minutes it will restart and I sometimes make it home or just another mile or 2 and it quits again. Been told it could be in the ignition. Ignition sensor????? Any suggestions. If I drive up in the a.m. when its cool the problem does'nt occur. Never had the problem driving on regular roads, just when it is in demand going up my mountain canyon.

Reply to
wivrrat