95 Windstar Radio Harness Wiring

Just picked up a 95 Ford Windstar to use as a spare vehicle. It has a Ford cassette player with the rear headphone and radio controls. The radio works, but the controls and tape are busted. It'd like to replace it with a cheap indash AM/FM/CD player. The problem is none of the wiring harnesses / diagrams shown for the 95 Winstar match what I have. There are 4 plugs in the back as opposed to the 2 black/gray all the diagrams show.

-------------------------------------------------------- | | | | | | | | C | | | | | | | RADIO | | |-------| | BACK | | | |B | |------| | | | | | | | | | D | | | | |------| | | | | | | |---| | ---- | | | E | | |A | |---| |---| |

A antenna jack B is a gray 8 wire plug with 6 wires C is a black 8 wire plug connected by gray cable D is a black 4 wire plug connected by gray cable E is a black 2 wire plug connected by gray cable

I don't care about the rear headphone / radio controls just want some sound. I haven't had any luck on the internet and hope someone here can help.

Reply to
Harvey Sprayberry

I think when we put a indash like that in the kids old Bronco II we got a wire harness that plugged right into the factory wiring where it had attached to the factory radio. It had wires labeled for everything else on the other end. I think it was $14.

Reply to
Scott

"Harvey Sprayberry" wrote

Probably the "Premium" radio, with an amplifier hidden behind a panel somewhere. On Momsy's Taurus wagoon, it was in the back left fender. To swap in a working "normal" radio (out of my T-Bird), I first disabled the amp by disconnecting the power and speaker plugs from it, and since that year (91) had multiple speaker plugs taped up behind the radio (one multi-pin pre-out to the amp, one flat plastic coming back, and another flat plastic that plugged into #2 and connected to the speakers), all I had to do was unplug #2 from #3, and plug in the "new" radio. Didn't even need any adapters. Woo-freaking-hoo! Of course, you may not be so lucky, sorry.

Reply to
MasterBlaster

Disconnect D and E, see if it still works.. probably will; then buy the harness adapter that fit b and C with that year Ford.

Doubt you have a separate AMP... but you may.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic