96 Taurus 3.0 temp guage

The temp guage on my 96 Taurus with the 3.0 engine moves wildly from normal to hot sometimes, what could cause this and why?

Thanks

Steve

Reply to
stevewww

Water pump.............

Someone else will post the link in a few minutes......

Reply to
Rick

Air bubble... remove radiator cap when cold, you'll see it isnt full.

The rad itself should always be full, that's what the de-gas/overflow tank is for.

My guess you are also experiencing erratic heat output

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic