97 Taurus anti-theft question

Hey group.

I just purchased a bulldog remote starter

it says I need a security bypass because I have a Taurus that is newerthan 96 and should have anti-theft with a transponder BUT... my keys arenot big fat keys, so I don't think I have a transponder anti-theft. I amgoing to go ahead and install the remote start and I'll know for sure - butI thought I would ask here too. Normal key = no anti-theft transponder Fat key = anti-theft transponder

Right?

Eric

Reply to
Eric Janzen

Save your money, nobody wants to steal a taurus.

Reply to
Tiger

>and it says I need a security bypass because I have a Taurus that isnewer

Bullshit. Professional car thieves might stay away (not worth parting it out), but the criminal looking for a ride so he can rob a convenience store is going to steal anything, usually something inconspicuous; a Taurus is as common as dogshit on the road, it's the perfect getaway car, because it doesn't draw any attention.

Reply to
Teknical

In news:alt.autos.ford, "Teknical" posted on Sun, 9 Jan 2005 20:30:39 -0500:

That's odd. I thought one of the things that made the Toyota Camry such a good target is because there are so many potential customers (lots of Camries on the road) but there are far more Taurii and Sables, I think, than Camries.

Reply to
Damaeus