AIrbag code 4-2 on '95 Contour

Just starting doing this this morning.

From What I've seen, it means the airbag system doesn't see the left-hand crash sensor (open circuit)

Are there connectors I could try to clean? Since it's a 10-year old car, I'm not sure I want to replace *yet* another damn sensor on it.

Reply to
El Bandito

John

Reply to
John...

It may not be a sensor problem. The Contour/Mystique tend to throw an airbag code when the battery starts going bad. I would have your battery checked first.

Reply to
Andrew Rossmann

The battery is brand new (well, 4 months old).

It's a Heavy Duty Motorcraft. But I suspect my alternator might not be up to the job (lights tend to dim under high electrical load)

Reply to
El Bandito