Another Torque Converter Question

This sounds dumb but when you think about it it's not really. Could low air pressure in your tires bring on shudder? It would put a drag on the car.

Reply to
lerner

Low air pressure in the tires would put drag on the car. Going uphill should put drag on a car too. And, if you were able to start off on a hill without a shudder, low air pressure shouldn't cause your torque converter (or anything else) to shudder.

So if you are experiencing shudder in your car now, it is not because of low air pressure.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Shudder? As in "torque converter shudder?" Absolutely not. If you know what TC shudder feels like, I don't think you could ever be fooled into thinking a tire shimmy or vibration would be TC shudder.

If you have no idea what TC shudder feels like, that would be different.

CJB

Reply to
CJB

I'm an expert at knowing what TC shudder feels like. Just was wondering if it was possible that low tires could kinda do the same thing to the car as going up a hill since the car won't roll as easy with low tires.

Reply to
lerner

I think we've determined that.....

Reply to