For Anyone Very Familiar With The Nokian Tire Lineup, And Differences

Hello,

Picking a tire can really drive one crazy.

I realize that it is all a compromise, but would appreciate thoughts on the following, please:

Have had Nokian WR G2 tires in the past, and have never had a better tire for snow or ice. Wear pretty quickly, though.

So, I would like to get them again for a new 2015 Subaru Outback.

But they have been discontinued. Apparently replaced by a new WRG3. The Nokian site is a bit confusing, local tire store folks really don't seem to know more than I do.

I was wondering if anyone who really know the Nokian line might help me out and clarify a few things. Would be most appreciative.

I do not want to do a changeover twice a year, so reasonable summer performance is a requirement.

Live in N.E., so get a "fair" amount of snow/ice. Nothing like Minn., but we do have our snow days, for sure.

Main Question: Is the Nokian WR SUV 3 the same tire as their WRG3 ? If not, which would be more suitable for me ? Why ?

Tire Rack doesn't carry Nokian, so reading their usually very well done reviews for the new WRG3 is not possible. Any thoughts on the WRG3 ?

Are either (or both) a "directional" tire ? I know that they are asymmetric.

I saw something, which I can't find again, that they come eiher way (directional, or not) ? True ? Pros and cons ?

Much thanks, Bob

Reply to
Bob