Automatic question

Hi all you mechanics out there?

Wife has a Ford Fiesta automatic. When cold the vehicle stalls when it comes to a stop.

I didn't think it was possible to stall an automatic.

Any ideas what's wrong.

TIA.

DAB.

Reply to
bramfield

It is if the engine doesnt idle correctly.

Any other such problems? Like with starting or starting when engine warm?

Assume it's made after 1995

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Yes it is very possible to stall an automatic vehicle. Try driving any car made before EFI came along. It doesn't take much to stall one of these cars if the carburetor is acting up. In your case, if it hasn't had a tune-up, oil change, just general maintenance.

It really sounds like the car needs plugs, wires, dist. cap/rotor (if it has one) and if it still acts up after that, you had better get the codes scanned on it.

How many miles does the car have on it? What year? Recent tune-up? We need a lot more information than you have given us.

Sharky

Reply to
Sharky