I have a 92 Crown Vic. Yesterday the battery started to crank the car over
slower. This morning it failed to crank the started over then cranked very
After cleaning the battery terminals and connections I checked the battery
voltage (10V) , and again when the car was running (14V). I let the car
Idle for about 10 minutes. The battery acid started to flow out of the
battery; enough to make the front right of the engine compartment wet, and
it left a puddle on the ground under the car. After washing everything down
I pulled the battery and swapped in the battery from my 94 CV that's out of
action at the moment.
The battery is 6 years old.
Is the boiling over due to the alternator over charging?
Or is the battery unable to hold a charge and making the alt work over time.