Brake dust 07 Montego

My 07 mercury montego generates alot of brake dust. My old sable went two or three weeks before it needed washing. The strange thing is its the rear wheels, that get dirty at least three times faster than the front. Did ford change their pad material. Is there anything I can do to reduce it? thanks

Reply to
Larry Perfetto

You need to check and make sure that your parking brake is releasing properly. My guess is that the parking brake is sticking a bit, which will not only have negative effects on the life of the brakes, but also have increase wear and tear on the drive train and your gasoline bill.

Assuming the car is still in warranty, I would just take it back to the dealer.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Ford has just recalled the montego and 500 (freestyle also) for rear brake pad issues. See your dealer. Your pads and rotors are probably well worn (rear). moisture is causing pad expansion. Make sure they replace the fronts and the backs.

Reply to
weislederautos