brakelights wont work on 93 tbird

Need some help here. Can anyone tell what might be wrong I have checked the bulb and the fuse and I cant figure out what it might be that makes it so my brake lights wont work considering I do have the tail lights. It is just really confusing

Reply to
t-birdguy

check the boo switch on the brake pedal warman sez it might have impedence lmfao hurc ast

Reply to
fordly863

alright, but one quick question what the heck is impedence

Reply to
t-birdguy

i dont know in a dc circiut but warman thinks its ther

just reach down in front of brake pedal a connector 2 wires

wiggle it first if no result unplug and use jumpwire

10 bucks sez the lights work

hurc ast

Reply to
fordly863

Get down below the dash and try to unplug the brake on off switch on the brake pedal arm. Jump the electrical connector with a paper clip. Get out and see if your brake lights are on. You might have to have the key on accessory mode, I forget.

If the brake lights are on you probaby just need a new switch.

Reply to
sleepdog

i believe i already said that lmfao sleepdog i have never EVER seen you first diagnose somthing

lmfao

hurc ast

Reply to
fordly863

Alright thanks guys I really appreciate the help

Reply to
t-birdguy

Don't pat yourself on the back too hard.

Note the time stamps, your post beat me by one minute, you think I saw yours while I was typing mine?

Besides, you're the first to always make an ass of yourself so I guess it all comes down to what is most important to you.

Reply to
sleepdog

are u saying you make an ass of yourself ?

c ya later

hurc ast

Reply to
fordly863

You can't read either.

Now there's a shocker

Reply to
sleepdog

Double check that you checked the right fuse.... Brake llights and taillights work on separate fuses. The stop lamp circuit has two fuses.... If the cigar lighter and radio both work properly, the MAX fuse in the underhood panel should be good. In the inside fuse panel, the fuse is marked (what else) STOP LPS and should be a 15A ATO fuse near the top left of the panel.

You can use a test light (only a few bucks at any auto parts store) to check the switch. Follow the brake pedal up and you will see a switch with two wires.... there'll be a light green with red trace that should be powered all the time - the other wire is light green and should have power when the pedal is depressed.

You'll have to pardon hurc... hasn't taken his meds for a couple of days and he's had a string of bad luck at the video lottery terminals and can't afford the refill.

Reply to
Jim Warman

lmfao more likely the switch igbore warman they dont have a big service dept in sl

just the indian wagaons lmfao u go girl

hurc ast

Reply to
fordly863

Looks like that bottle of rotgut whiskey is almost gone.

On to the Lysol, 'eh Bozo?

Reply to
aarcuda69062

Thanks for the help guys I tried jumping the connector and the lights came on so I went and bought a switch today.

Reply to
t-birdguy

Bravo, did the exact same thing about two months ago.

Reply to
sleepdog

Bravo, did the exact same thing about two months ago.

Reply to
sleepdog

I'm sure the service department seems HUGE when you're sweeping it out.

JS

Reply to
Jacob Suter