Bronco II

My son just bought his first car, a 1988 Bronco II Eddie Bauer edition. The truck has a new jasper 2.9L engine, new brakes, new tires, and new AC. The only real problem is the drivers seat. The right side leans back like it's broken or weakened. How hard will it be to take it apart and fix it?

TIA Cecil Hayden

Reply to
Detailing Dude

It is not hard to do if you have access to a welder. I had to do it on one of my BII's at one point. The back cover if I remember right has a zipper on the bottom of the back. So unbolt and remove the complete seat, take off the cover and padding. You will find some spot welds have broken. Clamp the seam back in place and then get it welded. I initially tried pot rivets but there was to much movement with them.

Tom

Reply to
tomf